Who: Have you completed Level 1 and been using P4C regularly for at least six months? Are your students starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate? Do you
Who: Have you completed Level 1 and been using P4C regularly for at least six months? Are your students starting to ask higher order questions and to self-facilitate? Do you want to start supporting colleagues who are less confident or experienced in P4C? Participants must have completed the Level 1 and hold a SAPERE P4C Initial Practitioner Certificate.
Course Dates: Thursday 13th and Friday 14th June 2019
Cost: £210 including lunch and refreshments
Trainer: Neil Phillipson
About the Trainer: Dr Neil Phillipson has twenty years of experience as a teacher, a consultant and a trainer. He has been delivering SAPERE-validated training and supporting the development of P4C practice in schools for the last five years. He co-authored a book about Dialogic Education with Professor Rupert Wegerif of Cambridge University and is a facilitator of international dialogues with Generation Global.
This two day course will: advance your skills in conducting higher quality enquiries and in supporting less-experienced colleagues. You will learn how to:
- Facilitate P4C enquiries with more flexibility and reflection
- Enhance learning through critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- Drive progress in philosophical enquiry at your school
The Level 2A course:
- Examines the nature, purpose and methods of philosophical enquiry
- Shows how to choose and create materials to stimulate deeper philosophical thinking and dialogue
- Extends practices and tools for better philosophical thinking and facilitation
- Strengthens understanding of the theory and practice of critical, creative, caring and collaborative thinking
- Establishes criteria for planning and evaluating progress over a cycle of P4C enquiry, exercise and review
Course outcome: Completion of the course and coursework will qualify you for a SAPERE P4C Facilitator Certificate.
Course Venue: Primary Teacher Education Bungalow, Keele University.
To Book ar Place:
- 01865 408333
- Follow the ‘Our Courses’ link at www.sapere.org.uk
13 (Thursday) 9:00 am - 14 (Friday) 4:00 pm
Teacher Education Bungalow (Bungalow 78)
Keele, Staffs, ST5 5BG
Comments are closed.