This is a repeating event5th november 2019 2:30 pm
Tools for Thinking Together Philosophy for Children, Community and Colleges (P4C) Who: The course is designed for all teachers in all phases and sectors of education who have previously undertaken P4C Level
Tools for Thinking Together
Philosophy for Children, Community and Colleges (P4C)
Who: The course is designed for all teachers in all phases and sectors of education who have previously undertaken P4C Level 1 training or any level of P4C, and who would like to develop their P4C practice.
Course Dates and Venue: The course will take place across three afternoons between 2.30 -5.30 pm on 1st October, 5th and 19th November at Seabridge Primary School. ST5 3PJ. Tel 01782 432537
Cost: (max 22 participants): The cost for the three sessions is £90. Refreshments are included. Book your Place: Please book your place by following this link https://knste-shaw.org.uk/tools-for-thinking-together/ .
Trainer: Neil Phillipson
This course will include opportunities to:
- focus on reasoning capabilities so that you can support your learners in constructing meaning
- Develop your curriculum through your engagement with concept development activities
- renewing your engagement with the P4C framework for developing children’s caring, collaborative, critical and creative thinking skills
- reviewing enquiries and planning
Delegates will be able to:
- Re-engage with SAPERE and our Local P4C Hub (opening the way to progression to Levels 2 and 3 if appropriate)
- Reinforce your practice and facilitation skills so that you can become a more versatile and confident facilitator
- Develop the confidence to further practise P4C in the classroom and support you in overcoming any barriers that you may have previously experienced.
- Experience pedagogical approaches that can be used to drive higher order questioning and develop meaning making opportunities for your learners
“The feedback from all sessions is very positive with many describing it as ‘life changing’. Staff are enjoying the rigour of academic discussion themselves as much as seeing P4C as a way of working with children –just fantastic!”
UK P4C Websites
http://www.sapere.org.uk (UK P4C membership, conferences, resources, more links)
http://www.p4c.com (online support and resources)
http://www.thephilosophyman.com (free resources)
International P4C Websites –http://www.icpic.org
Book your Place: Please book your place by following this link https://knste-shaw.org.uk/tools-for-thinking-together/. Bookings will be taken on a first come, first served basis and we will run a waiting list. We encourage you and your schools to book as soon as possible as we anticipate that this will prove to be a very popular opportunity.
(Tuesday) 2:30 pm - 5:30 pm
Seabridge Primary School
Comments are closed.