Wednesday 27th June 9:30 – 3.30pm at Keele UniversityWho should attend: Key Stage 1 and Early Years Teachers and PractitionersCost: £50 to include tea / coffee and biscuits, but you
Wednesday 27th June 9:30 – 3.30pm at Keele University
Who should attend: Key Stage 1 and Early Years Teachers and Practitioners
Cost: £50 to include tea / coffee and biscuits, but you will need to bring your own lunch.
Course Leader: Sara Stanley. Sara is an Early Years educational consultant specialising in philosophical play and the creation of Storyworlds. Sara has pioneered philosophical play as a means of working philosophically with the whole child using picture books, children’s own stories and imaginative play. Sara has recently been creating philosophical play spaces in refugee and transit camps in France. Her publications include:
- Why Think? Philosophical Play 3-11, Bloomsbury, 2012
- Creating Enquiring Minds, Bloomsbury, 2014
- But Why? Continuum, 2008
Course Content: In this interactive workshop you will learn how to run philosophical enquiries and have philosophical conversations with children aged between 3 and 7. You will:
- Use stories as starting points for philosophical enquiries
- Explore the concept of philosophy
- Develop enquiries through imaginative and creative play
- Use picture books to create long term child driven enquiries
Places are limited, you will be joining our Early Years Specialists at the end of their ITE year.
Click here to book your place
(Wednesday) 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Keele, Staffs, ST5 5BG
Comments are closed.