Who: The course is designed for all who want to practise P4C in an educational setting. Completion of the course and facilitating 6 P4C sessions in your classroom will qualify
Who: The course is designed for all who want to practise P4C in an educational setting. Completion of the course and facilitating 6 P4C sessions in your classroom will qualify you for a P4C Initial Practitioner certificate.
Cohort 1 dates are 22nd and 23rd January 2019
Cohort 2 dates are 18th and 19th June
Cost: £210 including lunch and refreshments
Trainer: Diane Swift
This course will include:
- An introduction to the theory and practice of P4C
- Opportunities to experience philosophical enquiry first-hand
- Developing children’s capacity to ask meaningful questions
- A framework for developing children’s caring, collaborative, critical and creative thinking skills
- Connecting P4C with the curriculum
- Gain certification at Level 1 from SAPERE (opening the way to progression to Levels 2 and 3)
- Develop the confidence to start practising P4C in the classroom
- Experience pedagogical approaches that can be applied to their wider practice
- Get a copy of SAPERE’s comprehensive Level 1 Handbook
- One year of membership to SAPERE with individual log-in
Course Venue: Seabridge Primary School or Keele University.
Course Flyer: Click here to download the course flyer.
Book your Place: Please book your place by following this link
“The feedback from all sessions is very positive with many describing it as ‘life changing’. Staff are enjoying the rigour of academic discussion themselves as much as seeing P4C as a way of working with children –just fantastic!”
18 (Tuesday) 8:45 am - 19 (Wednesday) 4:00 pm
Seabridge Primary School or Keele University
Comments are closed.